MERU partners with clients during uncertain times to help stabilize operations and rapidly triage the causes of financial distress, charting a path back to long-term sustainability. When it matters the most, our team has the hands-on experience to change the outcome.
Our senior leaders hail from the world’s leading turnaround and restructuring organizations. We have consistently delivered successful outcomes in highly complex situations, and bring an impact-first, cash-oriented mindset to every client we serve.
MERU's heritage is rooted in turnaround, where time and resources are often scarce, and successful outcomes hinge on rapid, decisive action. Successful Turnarounds start with three things which MERU brings:
- Professionals with a bias towards action who can quickly triage and solve problems
- Independent credibility with external stakeholders
- Expertise in uncovering opportunities that redirect companies towards a successful path forward
We work hand-in-hand with clients as trusted partners, helping management teams navigate through the most trying times in the corporate lifecycle. We bring a team of veteran crisis managers, with decades of experience at top restructuring firms, who know how to deliver results in uncertain and dynamic conditions.
- Interim Management: we take interim leadership roles (such as Interim CFO, CRO or COO) to provide leadership and stability in times of uncertainty and rapid change
- Turnaround Plan Develop & Execution: we identify where value lies and build an investable turnaround plan that helps the company move forward
- Liquidity Management: we build a picture of the company's liquidity profile and identify key upcoming milestones
- Stakeholder Negotiations: we work with stakeholders across the capital structure, from sponsors to lenders to unions, as part of the process to maximize value
- Strategic Alternatives Assessment: we work with management teams and other advisors to identify the range of strategic alternatives available to a company and help crystalize the risks and opportunities of each alternative
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency, and Case Management: we manage the process, freeing the management team from distractions so that they can focus on running the business
- Capital Advisory: we advise companies and lenders facing balance sheet challenges and help them devise sustainable solutions including access to new capital
Today, more so than ever before, middle-market companies are facing unprecedented disruption, competition, and market forces. MERU specializes in partnering with clients to navigate uncertain times like these. Drawing on our deep bench of highly experienced turnaround professionals, we work quickly to restore stability, identify and unlock trapped value, and chart a course back to long-term sustainability.
Turnaround & Restructuring Practice
Representative Case Studies
Achaogen (NASDAQ: AKAO). Served as Chief Restructuring Officer for publicly-traded biopharmaceutical company that developed anti-bacterial drugs targeted at multi-drug resistant (MDR) bacteria. Guided the company through a successful Chapter 11 sale process.
Tough Mudder. Served as interim Chief Financial Officer for branded mass participation events company. Company was acquired by Spartan Race, its primary competitor.
Eastern Outfitters. Served as Chief Restructuring Officer to outdoor equipment & apparel retailer through its successful Chapter 11 sale process, which won TMA’s Transaction of the Year award in 2018.