Transportation & Logistics
MERU CASE STUDY
Conducted a comprehensive market assessment during COVID-19 for a global relocation services provider
- Private equity owned company providing supply chain solutions to legacy corporate relocation mgmt. companies (RMCs)
- Despite record employment rates and a soaring economy, the relocation management industry had experienced headwinds
- The Company’s financial performance continued to decline with YoY revenue down ~9%
- MERU was engaged by the lenders to provide an independent perspective on 1) trends in the US mobility market, and 2) drivers for changes in Company’s profitability
- COVID-19 further exacerbated the company’s financial performance; most of our work heavily weighted towards navigating the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation
MERU’s 4-week engagement focused on:
- Assess mobility market trends & competitive landscape
- Surveyed ~200 corporate HR professionals
- Conducted ~15 confidential interviews with Company’s direct and end customers
- Developed a framework for segmenting the competitive landscape
- Analyze transaction data to identify underlying drivers for decline in revenue
- Segmented the business between recurring & non-recurring revenue
- Developed a revenue walk-through identifying the revenue decline that was attributable to price, volume, & product mix
Prepared insights on mobility market with a focus on overall global mobility trends, corporate customer value definitions, key buying criteria, funding mechanisms, corporate policy objectives, etc.
Provided visibility into customer profitability and pricing disparities to inform go-forward pricing strategies and operations.
Analyzed the competitive landscape and identified “whitespace” opportunity for the Company to position itself as a market leader.